- 3pm today for little D's first Christmas party at her school (aka daycare). She absolutely loves this place and how she has blossomed!
- Dinner of Mac & Cheese w/hot dogs~kid food! She will love it.
- Wrap presents soon! Santa comes in 6 days!
- Sushi! Saturday night--Yah, baby, sake is calling my name.
- Make canister for Silver Bella 2009 faire. I figured if I drop money $1 here, $5 there, etc, it should add up nicely.
- Work on Vintage Valentine Collage Swap (maybe). I don't have all the collage items but I do have my idea.
- Finish my Joli Paquet kits I bought from Cerri. Both ornaments are for my Mom & Dad as they have helped immensely from my fertility issues, fertility procedures, and this first year of little D's life then my surgery recovery, her being sick frequently, day care nightmare's (we are on our 3rd in 9mos). They have been my rock. I owe them a lot. As a family, we are creative so these handmade items will be that more special.
- Acupuncture on Tuesday (my lifesaver). This girl has helped me so much in the past 3 yrs. I went weekly for over 2 yrs!
- Visit this crazy flea market which is about 30 mins from me towards Atlanta. Anderson Jockey Lot. You never know what you may find! I will bypass the fake Prada's and livestock. We'll see if I can talk Mom into going. If not, babysit?
- Oh, finish these Ornaments(I work on them in bed before sleeping so its been VERY slow going cause having a 14mo old~~I barely get 10mins in before I'm sleepy).
- Non fun-2009 budget. We are planning to buy a larger home in the next year and a half and I've been trying to get that Fertility debt paid off. It's a monster amount as insurance does not cover anything.
- Plan trip to Ft Lauderdale for wedding. My MIL is getting married on Valentine's Day after 30 yrs of being single. She is moving to Fl at the end of Jan. We are still a little skeptical!?
- Buy new makeup including tinted moisturizer. Any recommendations?? Now that my hormone's are under control I definitely need new stuff as I didn't wear much when I was pregnant in 2007.
- Finally, relax?, make cookies, plan good meals as I don't cook much working FT, and watch my crap load of DVR shows I've taped.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
So after some hugs; she had this face..'Mommy, why are you trying to give me to that big RED man?'
After waffles with strawberries and whip cream: I'm now happy! See ya next year Santa!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Hubby had to bring down the Christmas decorations but my style has changed so I only put out a few things from previous years and with a 14month old. I can not put anything on my tables and you can only put so much on my fireplace mantle! LOL!
A vintage ceramic Christmas tree from my childhood. My Mom gave her to me last year. So sweet! White is hard to find!
I have been working on a few crafty projects:
An ornament with one of my Sweet One's handpainted children. I glittered her and put tinsel around the shabby wire (you can see the white wire peeking out) and a sweet glittered snowflake that dangles on the bottom.A cute snow sign that I painted, glittered, added vintage buttons, trim and tarnished tinsel. A few flowers peek out at the top where you hang it. It's a shabby light blue color.
A paper mache Holiday House collage with lots of glitter, trims, and a sweet birdie watching for vistors!
A sweet star ornament with glittered crown, butterfly, and flowers with lots of glitter and a pretty pink paint!I handpainted, glittered, and flowered this sweet tree for little D's room. I put my snowwoman (see previous post) next to it. She's ready for Santa!
Your Inner Child Is Happy
You see life as simple, and simple is a very good thing.
You're cheerful and upbeat, taking everything as it comes.
And you decide not to worry, even when things look bad.
You figure there's just so many great things to look forward to.
Have a great week!
Poor little one had a fever of 104 degrees last night. It was a VERY long night. I think I'm more tired from worrying then the lack of sleep. This is the sickest she has ever been. Dunkin Donuts coffee is a blessing and so are those great flavored creamers they have now. Pumpkin Spice...YUM!
Her fever was down by 6:30 this morning but still at 100. Mom is watching her this morning while I work at my FT banking job. Got to make an effort to keep this job. No word yet on the future. I try not to watch any news now.
My world continues to swirl and I hope this carousel slows down for the Holidays!
Well, I did a few more in the Sweet Ones series-2 tags and a tiny wall hanging. They are handpainted. Just a bit of background of me for those in blog land. I had formal drawing/painting from art school many moons ago. My professors wanted me to become a fine artist and I even had scholarships to continue. Life's challenges intervened but after many stories in my life, I circled back to my creativity and painting. It's a small start. I'm very very rusty as I haven't sketched or illustrated in a long time. I'm working at it and that's all I can ask for right now.
And a few Christmas Tags!
So my weekend is now over---off to put the little one to bed. She's had a rough weekend with a lot of splats. Trying to climb ALL over the place at 13 months old! Poor thing has bruises..I cried today cause she fell so hard. This parenting thing is rough on your nerves! Now it looks like she is getting a cold--coughing and snotty. Yuck!
Night all, talk to you soon
My little lady, AnnaMae, is all ready for dinner and a dance! This dress form is from Cerri's shop. She has the loveliest items. You must check her out! The silk ribbon is from Pretty Petals. Another lovely shop! Glitter is painted on the dress form to add as jewelry. Feather ribbon and pink pearls complete the look!
LOVE it! This tiny little dress form reminded me of my childhood. My best friend, Dona and I, would 'dress' our Barbies. We spend HOURS doing this. I was lucky enough to have beautiful scraps of velvet, silk, ribbons...My late Grandfather owned and operated a sewing and upholstery business and did only antiques. My Grandmother was the epitome of PINK! VELVET! SILK!
It's nice to go back to my heritage-New York and 'see' my late grandparents work in the prominent homes and museums. It's sad that this is a dying art form.
I promise to upload our Pumpkin Patch pictures soon. D loved it! She picked a pretty one for $4.
We had our photos in black and white before it became popular. I love this photo. I came up with the flower arrangement of deep burgundy roses, blush pink fill in, and tied with gorgeous burgundy ribbon. I remember the florist insisted on keeping my idea. Ha! Now you don't see an arrangement without it tied with ribbon. Hmmmm....
and Mommy is so excited to 'dress' the house this year even if she is worn out from working FT outside the home, chasing Little Pumpkin, and trying to craft somewhere in between!
*Note to self--get help for the flower fetish!*
Christmas ought to be interesting this year! Anyone know how to hang a real Christmas Tree from the ceiling? Little D is going to be inside that tree, I know it! I'll be putting my soft ornaments or my unbreakable Hallmark one's up this year~~Ha!
I did buy this awesome felt ornie kit from Alicia Paulson! Can't wait to snuggle in bed and work on those! Check them out~~can you say cute :)
What I believe my tree will look like on 12/26.
MIL likes to remind Big D that his brother dragged their Christmas Tree around the house one year around Little D's age. *YIKES* The two dogs ought to enjoy that if it happens!
Happy Autumn !