All Dressed Up!

My little lady, AnnaMae, is all ready for dinner and a dance! This dress form is from Cerri's shop. She has the loveliest items. You must check her out! The silk ribbon is from Pretty Petals. Another lovely shop! Glitter is painted on the dress form to add as jewelry. Feather ribbon and pink pearls complete the look!

LOVE it! This tiny little dress form reminded me of my childhood. My best friend, Dona and I, would 'dress' our Barbies. We spend HOURS doing this. I was lucky enough to have beautiful scraps of velvet, silk, ribbons...My late Grandfather owned and operated a sewing and upholstery business and did only antiques. My Grandmother was the epitome of PINK! VELVET! SILK!

It's nice to go back to my heritage-New York and 'see' my late grandparents work in the prominent homes and museums. It's sad that this is a dying art form.

I promise to upload our Pumpkin Patch pictures soon. D loved it! She picked a pretty one for $4.

 

3 comments:

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Oh wow! It looks so pretty!!! The ribbon looks wonderful on it. xo Heather

Bristol said...

Oh wow that is just beautiful~~
Bristol

Faded Plains said...

It turned out so beautiful!