Oh it's beginning to look like Christmas!

Finally, I had a spark of Christmas spirit. Each year I help a family at Christmas anonymously. The social worker found a woman with 2 children and a baby on the way. A few girls and I went in with money and donations. I spent yesterday in my VERY cold garage going through D's baby items. I have a large box of goodies waiting to be wrapped today for the family. I got the warm and fuzzies!

Hubby had to bring down the Christmas decorations but my style has changed so I only put out a few things from previous years and with a 14month old. I can not put anything on my tables and you can only put so much on my fireplace mantle! LOL!
This is one of them:


A vintage ceramic Christmas tree from my childhood. My Mom gave her to me last year. So sweet! White is hard to find!

I have been working on a few crafty projects:


An ornament with one of my Sweet One's handpainted children. I glittered her and put tinsel around the shabby wire (you can see the white wire peeking out) and a sweet glittered snowflake that dangles on the bottom.

A cute snow sign that I painted, glittered, added vintage buttons, trim and tarnished tinsel. A few flowers peek out at the top where you hang it. It's a shabby light blue color.

A paper mache Holiday House collage with lots of glitter, trims, and a sweet birdie watching for vistors!

My Happy New Year collage hat made from an empty fruit can, vintage Auld Lang Syne sheet music, seam binding, petit flowers, and lots of glitter!

A sweet star ornament with glittered crown, butterfly, and flowers with lots of glitter and a pretty pink paint!

I handpainted, glittered, and flowered this sweet tree for little D's room. I put my snowwoman (see previous post) next to it. She's ready for Santa!
Hope everyone has a great week as the Holiday is 2 weeks away already! I have lots of Christmas projects I want to work on but not sure if I'll get to those this year. I'm really looking forward to December 22nd. I'm off the whole week from work and plan on relaxing. It's been a long year and it's time to put up the feet.
I need to work on my swap for the Vintage Dragonfly--Love Me Tender-Vintage Valentine.
I also have some ideas for jewelry that I want to try.
Toodles~~~
Kris


 

5 comments:

Sheila said...

I realy love your white tree as well, most are green. I think you done a great job on your handmade creations.. Merry Christmas..

Jen**SugaredSongbird** said...

Those are lovely creations, of course, you've got me at anything pink and glitter :)

Kelly said...

HI Kris!!
Came by to give you a BIG THANK YOU for my Snowflakes & Sparkles box! Everything is so wonderful and creative... loved it all!!
You sweet spirit showed through on every gift.
Beautiful Christmas Blessings!!
Kelly Maria

Monica said...

Beautiful Beautiful!
I especially love the little house!
Monica.

Jeanne said...

I'm so happy to see my little Snowbird House kit all put together! You did a great job Kris!
xo
jeanne