It's a Pumpkin Spice kind of

day; my little one has been enamored with Disney movies lately so I actually had some free time here and there so I finally got to work on my Thanksgiving Day centerpiece.

A bit shabby, a bit vintage, and oh sooo glittery (is that a word?)

Can you smell the pumpkin spice coffee? yummmm......


With our selling the house, I've been regulated to the kitchen counter and boxes to work out of. A 60% off paper mache pumpkin from Hobby Lobby was transformed with vintage book paper, and walnut ink stain and LOTS of Modge Podge.

Before:


After:






Here is a full shot of the pumpkin:


The tag says 'give thanks' which and the little wooden piece shaped like a house came as a freebie from the lovely Kim who I just ordered some other wood from also. Please check out her website. The paper roses were from the wedding isle and I lightly stained them and glittered them; the wood acorns I did the same stain and glittered their tops; the chenille trim and vintage velvet trim are a lovely shade of taupe and are pinned with a vintage rhinestone earring in lovely shades of bronze.

Hope you love this as much as I do!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Talk soon, Kris

 

4 comments:

Outofmymind said...

I absolutely ADORE this pumpkin!!!! Now I'm searching my craft room for everything to make one. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing.

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

What a beautiful centerpiece for Thanksgiving... I love that you added the glitter and the give thanks tag. SO SO lovely!

xo Heather

Little Pink Studio said...

This turned out gorgeous Kris! I love it!
Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!
Cerri xoxo

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

This is one of the prettiest things I've seen around lately!! LOVE IT.