A Touch of Spring

If you've read my posts before, I'm a Target junkie. Look at the goodies I got! My favorite is the cream colored pottery with the bunny. I will offer these few items for sale in my shop http://www.thelavenderrose.etsy.com/ for Spring and/or Easter. They would be so sweet in a baby's room too!
You are my sunshine is made with vintage bingo card, vintage bunny image, vintage ledger paper, scrap paper, sweet buttons, and a pom pom tail with a so soft pink yarn for hanging. It's approx 5.75 x 3.5 inches


Blue Bird and Flower Bird


Bluebird is made with scrap papers, hand painted scrolled wings with glitter over it, sweet velvet flowers, and vintage earring and drop, seam binding for her bow and hanger. Her eye is a rhinestone. Her tail has a my favorite sentiment from Emily Dickenson 'Hope is the thing with feathers'. I also hand painted her back (see pic below). She will hang sweetly off a door, wall, mirror!
She is approx 9.5 inches from head to tail and approx 6 inches from belly to top of scroll wing.
Back:
Flower bird is made with vintage wallpaper, handpainted scroll wings with glitter, velvet flowers and vintage earring, seam binding for ribbon and hanger. Her eye is a vintage part of an earring. Her tail has my favorite sentiment 'Hope is the thing with feathers'. I also handpainted her back. She is approximately 9.5 inches from head to tail and 6 inches from belly to top wing scroll.
Lastly, here is our Magical Thinking Jar!

Now you are asking 'what's that?'. When I'm having a crappy day which is way to often now at my full time job. I can pull one of these bits out!
Children say the funniest things, yet all too often, you seem to forget them after a day or two. So I will start writing down the funnier moments of the day. This jar will be on my desk, and when the my little one says something particularly worthy of recording, I will put it on a scrap of paper and jot it down.So when I'm having a crappy day, I can reach in and pull out a quote.. and suddenly I'm laughing and running to hug my little one.

Simple to do:
Jar and pretty doo-dads! I used vintage crepe paper, seam binding in the middle, vintage flower, buttons, and fabric.
Enjoy!
Hope everyone's weekend is going well. It's been raining here for days and its soggy! Major grocery store shopping is on the agenda and playing with my little one.


Happy Sunday



xo, Kris


 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all this kris! Hope work gets less evil for you this week. :(

*holly

Monica said...

ALL so precious!!!
Love the birds... they are soo dainty!
Sorry for having been away for sometime! I had a gazillion things which were calling MY name!!!
Hugs,
Monica x.

Monica said...

I meant to say hope you are better now!
Monicax.

Monica said...

Me again!! Silly, isn't it!?
Yes , she's one of my handmade dolls! I managed to have her finished for St. Patty's day and it is my own birthday present (it is on 18th)... having my shop, it ends up all the things go there and I have nothing made for myself ;)!!
Monicax.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Your kid's quote jar is brilliant! I could use one of those.

And the birds are delightful.

I'm a Target lover too, especially the little holiday plates and such. Do you read Such Pretty Things? She does Target Tuesday and always has something wonderful to show.

Cheryl Ensom said...

Hi, Kristen! Looking forward to meeting you at Jenn's workshop!!! Yay! :)

Jessi Nagy said...

hey sweets,
im so excited that you are coming to Jenn's! so fun.
i just aded you to my bloglines. happy to meet you!
oxoxo,
jessi

Anonymous said...

Love your work - going to check out your etsy site now - where did u get the beautiful background on your blog

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!
I am such a Target-aholic too!!! I love those cute little dishes, but they are sold out here! I'm to have to find some!

Lisa M. Pace said...

You did an awesome job on the birds. They are one of my favorite things to make.