The end of the sogginess

here in SC! We had 5 straight days of rain, fog, and gloom. The type that requires lights all day. I am glad that's over! Phew, that will dampen anyone's spirit. On this bright sunny but cool Sunday, this is what I'm doing:



Loving my french press brewer. If you don't have one, try it! Makes strong coffee though but I like it that way. Just like my NeeNee; having a pot of coffee simmering on the stove. One of the best smells I remember from her. Dark chocolate--must have! I have to limit sugar's though and the Dr says if I'm going to eat chocolate make sure it's dark -won't spike my insulin so bad.

It's been a rough weekend for Devyn. She's 18mos old and still won't sleep well. I think I had 4 hours of sleep last night. I hope it's growing pains. She did transition to toddlers last week at school and was having some overexcitement from that. Hoping this week will be a little calmer!

I do have to recommend this cookbook. It's absolutely darling and has some of the easiest recipes--family and kid oriented, beautiful photos and stories. The fun part is that is based by color! I just love that idea.


I've just purchased these-you can find: here and here . Can you tell I collect cookbooks? :)


Preparations are under way to attend Sweet Flower Fairy Garden Art Retreat!



Lastly, I'm off to watch my DVR movie from Lifetime--nice sappy romance for one tired person.

xo Kris

Oh, how do you like my new banner? I am in LOVE with the vintage look and my favorite-birdies!

 

6 comments:

Stephenie said...

I hope you get some sleep soon...I know you gotta be tired..
I'll have to check out those cookbooks, I'm always looking for new recipes...
By the way, I'm alway watching Lifetime..They always have the best movies..
Stephenie

Little Pink Studio said...

I love the look of those new cookbooks!
Cerri xo

Jeanne said...

Those cookbooks are super sweet. Love the covers!
xo
jeanne

Sherry Williams said...

Hi Kris...just found you on Flickr & love your beautiful creations! I decided to go to your blog & was so surprised when I saw you were attending Jenn's retreat. I will see you there! I only live about 20 minutes from Jenn. Can't wait to meet you!
Sherry

tiffany ~ shabby scraps said...

Can't wait to see you at Jenn's!!
xoxo, Tiffany

Monica said...

Oh, could you believe I am NOT ABLE to make coffee that way???? Such a shame for an Italian girl!:(
But I love its smell...
Thanks for sharing those books, hope you'll manage to sleep and your girl too!
Hugs,
Monicax.