Happy Spring!

I love reading about the goodies people find but I honestly have to say, right now, I'm lucky if I get a full night's sleep. Finding the time and energy--it will have to wait. Also I don't have anyone in the area that really enjoys the hunt.
I have to show my new obsession (I mean collection!).
Vintage Postcards


Okay, at first, I thought I can make some collages but as I keep collecting more of these beauties- I just enjoy them. All 4 are from the early 1900's and have the most interesting handwriting. I paid $3 for all the flower ones. I splurged on the bunnies $3.50 for the card itself but I HAD to have it. I have a 'thing' for bunnies. Sad but true--I admit it!


Just a couple of sweet Easter goodies I made. Sometime's the image is great by itself and all it needs it some glitter and ribbon!


Isn't this an awesome photo?


Enjoy your weekend!

xo Kris

 

11 comments:

ornette alfie said...

Those postcards are amazing! The bunny one was totally worth the $3.50!

Little Pink Studio said...

I have tons and tons of vintage postcards. I love them all so much, and yours are lovely!
Happy hunting!
Cerri xo

Monica said...

Beautiful postcards!
I collect them, too, and think they are amazing! Especially the very old and used ones...
Have a great week,
Monicax.

Monica said...

Hi Kris!
Please pick 3 awards from my blog...
Monicax.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Oh, I agree that the bunny one was worth the "splurge". And keep in mind that we usually don't think twice about spending that on coffee!!

Anonymous said...

hi kris! thanks for visiting my blog this morning. i love those postcards - what a great thing to collect - it would be fun to see the flip sides - what do they say??? am enjoying your blog - your daughter is so precious!

Lisa Fulmer said...

wow, what an incredible find!!

Stephenie said...

I love all your postcards, I agree that bunny one is just too cute..I started a little collection also. I just love the ones that have writing, love to read them...
Happy Spring to you also..
Stephenie

Country Cottage Chic said...

Beautiful postcards! I always buy old cards if I see them & then keep them in a box to look at now & again!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris, thanks for the nice comments on my blog. I love to talk art too - so glad to have blogging friends to do this with. The painting is done in watercolors but I also do acrylic and mixed media stuff. Of course go ahead and post my link on your blog - I'll do the same with yours okay. Let's talk
Cathy

Miss Laura Lu/RMS4291960 said...

Hi Kris! I came over to visit from the White Bench! I love your blog! The cards you decorated are precious! My friend and I have started making cards and she kids me about how much glitter I use! She's the one that introduced me to the glue pen! Love that tool! add some bling and voila! I'd love to follow your blog but I can't find the 'follow' icon! Let me know if you put it on your blog! Oh! And I love bunnies too! God Bless! Lauralu :)