Settling in for a Spring time change---


Life is settling down after a whirlwind February. My Dad is mending well after having open heart surgery (2 bypasses and aneurysm removed). One stress down--he is only 66 and way to young to miss out on my little one's life. I told him that he had get through this after struggling for years to give him a grand child! In essence, the next few months for him will be the hardest. It's been hard to watch the Dad I know diminish and hope to see some of his old personality come back. Being an only child, I've been spending time helping Mom get through all the day to day 'stuff'. I worry about her too.

Closing, moving, unpacking.. settling down 2 large dogs, 2.5yr old, and a very excited DH these past 2 weeks has been a learning experience. Little one had to start a new pre-school and this week is sick with an ear infection, cough, and fever.

The only room left to unpack is my 'new' craft room! Spring is finally coming to the South and I have plans to re-paint almost every room in the house and the outside shutters and door. Lot's of landscape projects--just bought some magazines to help with my design skills, or lack thereof! Whipped out my vintage tablecloths to help bring some brightness in.

So dear one's tell me what you have been up to? I hope it has been an easy transition into Spring. I'll be back with pics.

Happy Spring forward :)

I've been looking for a swap to join--anyone know of spring, easter, or vintage type swap going on?

EDIT:
Found Jenny's! I hope she still has room. Please check out her site: fatedfollies

 

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh another good swap will be Sarah of my socalledjunkylife's Secret Garden swap. Doesn't that sound awesome?

Julie Ann said...

Heidi is also having a swap and a giveaway that you might like :)
http://hkwdesign.blogspot.com/2010/03/sweet-vintage-candy-cups.html

Little Pink Studio said...

Hi Kris!
So glad you're all getting settled and your Dad is doing better! (that's scary stuff!) Can't wait to see your new studio when you get it set up, and aren't you so glad we're finally getting some spring? Didn't it feel like the longest winter ever?
xo, Cerri
PS, Joli Paquet will be hosting a swap soon too.