Stitching as a collage

To challenge myself back into the realm of art, and that there is an abundance of stitching in blogland lately- I decided to stitch with various objects-most vintage but some not, and see what I came up with. I chose a variety of items with a similar color scheme of cream, beige, and sage green. I didn't set out the objects, I just went with the flow. Other challenge was is that everything is stitched-no glue (OMG-I love my gluestick though). This transpired over the past few months while I waited for the house to sell and I could unpack all my favorite items that had been hiddened away for what seemed like forever.


I surprised myself with the end result; it's calming, a bit shabby and sweet. I like it. Now I am in the process of looking for a vintage frame to place around it. Dark wood to make the artwork pop.



Welcome to my new front yard--Hello Spring--it's soooo nice to see you!



I've got swap pictures to post; craft room progress; and hopefully a large mixed media painting for my little one's room. Stay tuned..I hope your Spring is as bright as it is here in South Carolina.
xo Kris

 

5 comments:

kelli said...

Hi Kris,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your sampler and the different mixed media elements that you used. And the colors are so beautiful and soft. Happy Spring!

cathyb said...

Can't wait to see it framed - please make sure you show us a picture once it's frames - will you pyt glass over it??

koralee said...

oooooooh this is lovely...pure inspiration. I just wish I could create like that..so want to see it when it is framed. Have a great evening. xo

KatCollects said...

Hi Kris,
Oh my gosh, your collage turned out beautiful I love it! I am finishing up our May Day Swap and will be mailing it out soon. I hope you are having a good week.
Kathy

Julie Ann said...

Oh my gosh- your collage is simply STUNNING!!!! Everything you do is filled with such beauty! :)